We’re looking for a Digital Product Designer for our Auckland office
The Auckland office is growing and we’re looking for someone to help us prototype, test and design world-leading software products and web platforms for our varied portfolio of clients.
We have an opportunity for a Digital Product Designer to join our team in the Osynlig New Zealand’s offices in the viaduct. You will be a vital part of joining a small, friendly and agile team with other competent designers and developers across the world that value collaboration and new ideas.
About the design practice here at Osynlig
Osynlig New Zealand is part of the Osynlig Group with two offices in Sweden and since 2015 a permanent Auckland office. At Osynlig we are passionate about building great user experiences that empower people and make them feel awesome.
- We use design and technology to simplify the world around us.
- We use design thinking and courage to challenge the status quo to unlock new value for people and organisations.
- We are passionate about human-centered design and fearless in standing up for users to create celebrated products that solve meaningful problems for real people.
The most important thing is that you have a drive and a curiosity to always improve your skills and grow together with us. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating meaningful, and beautiful user experiences.
This position is contracting – with potential for a full-time role – at our lovely office ( located on the waterfront in the Auckland CBD ) and will require working off-site at our client’s as part of a larger team or larger project as required from time to time.
We’re looking for someone …
- with a genuine passion for user-centred design, the design thinking process & solving curly problems,
- who can craft beautiful interfaces and care about the feature’s details at every step of the journey from concept, interaction design to shipped code,
- who is able to work with digital product and engineering teams to help define and execute product design strategy,
- who can identify user problems and lead work with the team to devise solutions through user research, flows, wireframes and rapid prototypes,
- Able to lead the design system production while owning the hand over of the product idea from exploratory concepts/wireframes to pixel-perfect UI and design specs.
You will have
- New Zealand residency / New Zealand work visa
- 5+ years industry experience with proven success in equal or similar roles
- expert knowledge of relevant user-centred design methods, Design & UX Sprints and the foundations of good UX
- ideally product (Software as a service) design experience but we’ll still consider you if you have a really strong design experience elsewhere
- a capacity to think holistically about a client’s business and their customers’ needs
- an exceptionally strong communication & presentation skills – both in-person & remote
- a highly organised approach to work, life and ‘getting sh*t done’ on time and on budget
- an eye for quality, and gets enjoyment from constructively critiquing everything that passes your desk
- did we mention an eye for quality, simplicity and detail? Our design practice has its roots in Sweden, it is in our DNA to combine simplicity, quality and innovative problem solving to design solutions that create positive impacts for people and the world.
Bonus points if you …
- have a strong portfolio that exhibits a variety of UX (show us your inner/crafted process) and UI design work, with a strong visual aesthetic (which we’d love to see with your application)
- have ruthless prioritization and willingness to make hard tradeoffs to ship features early,
- are comfortable being a product designer in a small team and growth agency working startups and top tier brands, can balance many projects simultaneously and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards (W3C)
- Experience and/or training in Design Sprints & UX Sprints
- Experience working with scrum-based methods
- can start tomorrow!
Qualities and Characteristics
As a person you’re driven by creating over and beyond best practice solutions, you’re positive, collaborative and with excellent communication skills. You have a passion for creating great user experiences and you’re structured and responsible. You must be able to motivate your decisions when it comes to your work and be able to establish a good structure early on in your projects. It is also vital that you have an understanding of the financial aspects of a project.
What you’ll get:
- A varied & interesting flow of work across multiple clients and sectors
- A talented and proven international team to deliver on your design-centred vision.
- Strong support from a proven senior management team
- An ocean view studio located on the edge of the central city
- Great colleagues (at both Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart)
- Flexible work hours and location (remote)
- Free beers and drinks after 5 pm
- Free coffee, tea, toast, peanut butter and jam
- Monthly social events (Like mini-golf, movie nights, dinners)
- Office dogs to cuddle
- Break out area with Nintendo Switch
- Opportunity to apply to work in one of our Swedish offices for a period of time
Our core values
Everything is possible
Many would probably call us insane if we told them we wanted to start our first international satellite on the other side of the world. We have done so successfully, and it was based on a co-workers idea to realise a dream. We want everyone working at Osynlig to feel that everything is possible, no matter if its about stepping out of your comfort zone as a person or expanding our business to new markets or locations.
Everyone is most important
It does not matter what title you have, we believe in building success together. We all have a say, and we are always there for each other.
Success is having fun
The health and wellbeing of our co-workers are the foundation for our success.
Our formula for success:
Fun + work = Good work
Good work + clients = Happy clients
Fun at work + Happy clients = Success
If you want to know more about us, hopefully, you can find what you’re looking for here.
Send your application, a current work sample you’re proud of together with a GIF that represents who you are to [email protected].
Pablo Dunovits, Experience Design Director.
Osynlig New Zealand