We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer for our Auckland office
As a Senior Experience Designer at Osynlig New Zealand, you will be a vital part of growing a small, friendly and agile team together with other competent designers and developers across the world that value collaboration and new ideas.
This position is full-time at our lovely office located on the waterfront in the Auckland CBD.
About the design practice here at Osynlig
Osynlig New Zealand is part of the Osynlig Group with two offices in Sweden and since 2015 a permanent Auckland office. At Osynlig we are passionate about building great user experiences that empower people and make them feel awesome.
The Auckland office is growing and we’re looking for someone who is passionate about creating meaningful, and beautiful customer and user experiences. We believe you have been working as an Experience Designer for five years or more. The most important thing is that you have a drive and a curiosity to always improve your skills and grow together with us.
We’re looking for someone…
- With around 4-5 years designing digital experiences,
- Based in New Zealand ( resident / New Zealand work visa)
- Who is keen to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies, Service & UX methodology
- Who is able to facilitate discovery- and innovation workshops to help our clients define user insights, user experience requirements, user flows and solutions to validate with users
- With experience facilitating user research interviews and user testing sessions such as live observation tests and remote testing
- Who can consolidate, write and distill your findings into user insight reports
- Who can help design the product roadmap and vision.
- Who can define user requirements, document and provide estimates together with our developer team
- Able to design and build out high-quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Who can define and design usable and appealing digital design patterns for web- and mobile interfaces based on user insights, usability requirements and user experience requirements on best practice design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Who can assist developers with QA, bug testing and troubleshooting
- Able to follow Osynlig’s policy’s and guidelines
- Who can work off-site at our client’s as part of a larger team or larger project as required from time to time.
- Promote usability best practices
- With excellent verbal and written communication skills, and
Other skills we value
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards (W3C)
- Experience and/or training in Design Sprints
- Experience working with scrum-based methods
What you’ll get:
- Great colleagues (at both Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart)
- Flexible work hours and location (remote)
- Your very own Macbook Pro
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- 15 days sick leave
- Opportunity to shape your own career development
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to attend UX / developer conferences
- Free beers and drinks after 5 pm
- Free coffee, tea, toast, peanut butter and jam
- Monthly social events (Like mini-golf, movie nights, dinners)
- Office dogs to cuddle
- Break out area with Nintendo Switch
- Opportunity to apply to work in one of our Swedish offices for a period of time
Qualities and Characteristics
As a person you’re driven by creating over and beyond best practice solutions, you’re positive, collaborative and with excellent communication skills. You have a passion for creating great user experiences and you’re structured and responsible. You must be able to motivate your decisions when it comes to your work and be able to establish a good structure early on in your projects. It is also vital that you have an understanding of the financial aspects of a project.
Our core values
Everything is possible
Many would probably call us insane if we told them we wanted to start our first international satellite on the other side of the world. We have done so successfully, and it was based on a co-workers idea to realise a dream. We want everyone working at Osynlig to feel that everything is possible, no matter if its about stepping out of your comfort zone as a person or expanding our business to new markets or locations.
Everyone is most important
It does not matter what title you have, we believe in building success together. We all have a say, and we are always there for each other.
Success is having fun
The health and wellbeing of our co-workers are the foundation for our success.
Our formula for success:
Fun + work = Good work
Good work + clients = Happy clients
Fun at work + Happy clients = Success
If you want to know more about us, hopefully, you can find what you’re looking for here.
Send your application, a current work sample you’re proud of together with a GIF that represents who you are to [email protected].
Pablo Dunovits, Experience Design Director
Osynlig New Zealand Limited