Growing digital literacy & transforming businesses across NZ
During the Covid-19 Pandemic the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment and The Mind Lab initiated a nationwide programme to help Small Businesses across NZ to grow their digital literacy and transform their business operations and models to survive in this different reality.
Our challenge was to design the Digital Boost Hub - the central touchpoint of the experience for kiwi businesses to access learning resources, online video courses, podcasts, seminars and expert advice.
- Research & Strategy
- UX Design
- UI Design
- Usability Testing
- Design System
- Covid-19 restrictions meant all work including user testing needed to be done remotely
- With the pandemic hitting small businesses in NZ hard, speed to market was critical
- Creating a product that supports a flexible user journey based on language preferences
- Multi-platform experiences to enhance the experience wherever users find themselves in the country
Over 58,000+ business users signed up for a full wraparound learning experience with many hundreds of educational videos and learning resources, bi-weekly live online workshops, online conferences and an 11 hours a day business support team.
**Here is what the independent evaluation research found 18 months from go live: **
- 89% of users intend to continue using the platform
- 23% of all businesses report improved revenue after using Digital Boost, for those who engage weekly with the platform this lifts to 39%
- Impact metric: 55% of Digital Boost users felt optimism and hope many times or all the time in the past two weeks. This is 17% higher than the national average in June 2022.
By identifying their need for a rapid iterative solution that needed to go to market fast to evolve as it grew, we were able to plan a tailored approach using our unique UX Sprints methodology to deliver valuable outcomes each week for the large team of vendors working together with the government.
Our key project outcomes were:
Speed to marketQuick stand up of a Design team when time to market was critical
In-house capability trainingIn-house capability to conduct user testing and user interviews
Design systemA mature Digital Design System for the product to evolve on.
Business engagementOver 58,000+ business users signed up. Here is what the independent evaluation research found 18 months from go live: 89% of users intend to continue using the platform 23% of all businesses report improved revenue after using Digital Boost, for those who engage weekly with the platform this lifts to 39% Impact metric: 55% of Digital Boost users felt optimism and hope many times or all the time in the past two weeks. This is 17% higher than the national average in June 2022.
Broad accessibilityMulti language and multi device journeys to maximise engagement
Product roadmapLong-term product feature roadmap to tap into future opportunities